Thursday, March 13, 2008

2008 Presidential Campaign Religion

Marvin Olasky is one of my favorite writers. He is the editor-in-chief of World Magazine, provost of The King's College (New York City) and a professor at The University of Texas at Austin. His March 13 blog post, "Political religions", is an interesting observation of the use of religion in the 2008 Presidential Campaign and how journalists have reported this topic thus far this season.

You may view all of Olasky's World on the Web blogs at: http://www.worldontheweb.com/author/marvin-olasky/.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always felt de Tocqueville to be insightful of what made the United States what it was (is). Even though I am not convinced he really understood.

Concerning your movie picks, I agree with all the ones I recognize. Chariots of Fire, Amazing Grace and Lord of the Rings rank up there for me as well. I might add two more: 1) Luther and 2) The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion Witch and the Wardrobe.

I thoroughly enjoyed your Blog. Good job!!!

Long lost cousin Steve

Bart Newton said...

Hey, Steve!

I'd agree on your movie pic additions. I realized that I also forgot about "The Great Debaters" that my family and I saw on New Year's Eve. There is also a really old movie titled "Tom Brown School Days."