Friday, November 21, 2014

“Trying My Hand at Daily Logging”



     I enjoy writing in journals. I keep a daily prayer journal in Norcom Composition Notebooks that are made in Brazil because the Brazilian paper is friendlier to the fountain pen inks I use than most other composition notebooks made elsewhere. (I usually buy a dozen every July/August at Walmart for 50 cents each or less during the back-to-school sales.) Less regularly I keep a personal journal in a Leuchtturm1917 journal.  I’ve always struggled at keeping a daily journal. They always tend to end up being monthly journals. 
      Recently, however, I ran across the concept of keeping a daily logbook over at Patrick Rhone’s The Cramped in a post by Mike Rhode titled “The Joy of Daily Logging.” He got the idea from Austin Kleon. I thought I’d give it a try in a pocket size Leuchtturm1917 notebook. Also, I was nudged by Mike Rhode’s concept of sketchnotes to sprinkle tiny sketches (can’t call it art) here and there for a graphic touch. I haven't started using time references but entries are recorded chronologically. Here is a sample of a day and a half during my recent staycation: 

Pocket Leuchtturm1917 Notebook*General's Cedar Pointe #333 2HB Pencil* Brass Bullet Sharpener


No comments: